Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Change



To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly. (Henri Louis Bergeson )

It is a commentary on my life these days that you find me mentioning change frequently in my posts. But as Bergeson said, maturing is an endless process of creating oneself. Perhaps the real pain is in resisting the change.

I watch as all around me change also.
  • Good friends grow old and pass on. It is sad to say goodbye, but my life has been enriched by knowing great people and they will not be forgotten.
  • My family grows with new additions and though there is an adjustment, it is well worth it.
  • I am moved from one position to another within my church community and the number that I can now serve increases though the time spent with old friends shrinks a bit.
  • The company evolves and needs that I take on a different role with new challenges and new responsibilities.

It’s all good, as they say, and all a part of creating oneself endlessly. The exciting part is that I have no idea where the creating will lead. It is very difficult to picture exactly what the finished product will look like. But it is very easy to see that the work in process is better than originally thought. Thank Heavens!

For the freedom and opportunity to continue to do things, associate with those, and participate in activities that I truly love, I express divine gratitude. Bring on the change, I love the challenge!





No comments:

Post a Comment